I have a question or request, how do I submit it to Administrative Systems?
What types of questions/requests does Administrative Systems handle? What types of
questions do you not?
- To contact us, send us an email at email@example.com or through our
incident console website. You will need to know your NetID and Password
to log into the incident console systems. (The NetID and Password is provided by IT who can be contacted via their
Administrative Systems handles all issues related to Banner/Edgar Web Applications and most related to Esther.
Below is a list of some common questions we do not handle and the appropriate department to contact:
How do I get Banner/Edgar Web Application security?
- Contact IT for issues with your computer hardware/software (including Internet issues, installing additional software, email problems,
- Contact HR to reset your Esther password (for your personal human resource and employee information).
- Contact the Registrar's office to reset your Esther password (for your Student records only).
- Contact Payment Solutions to set up a person to be paid as a vendor.
- Contact Payment Solutions to delete a check request.
I already have a Banner/Edgar Web Applications account, how do I get additional access?
- The first step is to fill out a Security Agreement
and get it signed by your Department Head. Once the application is filled out and signed, send it to Administrative Systems via
campus mail at MS-97. We will get the required signatures from the Controller's office and then
let you know once your account has been set up. You will need to come to the Administrative Systems office in person to pick up your
Banner ID (please bring your Rice photo ID with you). Administrative Systems is located in 2660 Memorial Herman Medical Plaza.
How do I reset my Banner/Edgar Web Applications password?
- If you are requesting additonal access for a module that you already have access to (i.e. Finance, Payroll, Student), then have
your Department Head send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org giving you approval for the access
- If you are requesting access to a module that you do not currently have access to (i.e. you currently only have finance access and now
you need payroll access), you will need to complete a new security agreement and send it to Administrative Systems at MS-97.
What is the difference between Banner, Edgar Web Applications, Esther, Banner INB?
- Send us an email at email@example.com and we will call you with a temporary password. You will then log
into the Web Applications and change the password to your own.
Banner is the key information database at Rice. Human Resource, Payroll, Finance and Student data are stored here. You can access this information
through the following applications:
Why am I being asked to change my Banner/Edgar Web Applications password?
- Edgar Web Applications (often referred to as Banner) are special applications developed by Administrative Systems to help employees access,
report on and update information within the Banner database. You will need an account set up to access this information. The account will be
personalized for you to view only information that your Department Head allows you to. See 'How do I get Banner/Edgar Web Applications security'
above to find out how to get set up with access.
- Banner INB is the baseline Banner system. It is used primarily to input data into the Banner system and is limited to select departments
(i.e. Controller's office, Payroll...).
- Esther is where you go to view your personal information. For Students it is where you go to view your grades, print transcripts, etc.
For Employees it is where you go to view your personal pay history, get your pay stub, update your address and other personal information,
select health care benefits, view and print your W-2, etc.
- As a key financial audit control, we are required to expire the passwords every 90 days. If your password expires before you change it, your account will be locked and you
will need to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request a new password. NOTE: Once a password is used, it
cannot be used again for a year.
How do I contact Administrative Systems?
Send us an email at email@example.com or submit a question through our
Incident Console website.
How do I reset my password?
Just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will call you with a new password!
Firefox3+ runs WebApps2.0 the BEST. To download Firefix3+, click here.
Edgar Training Videos
Don't forget about our training videos & tutorials located HERE. They cover all kinds
of topics to help you access and understand the information in Edgar a whole lot better.